This smoothie is so delightfully savory and sweet that you won’t even notice that it’s not loaded with all the sugar of a peanut butter cup. For smoothie lovers that want a chocolate smoothie without banana, this one is sure to be a winner.
Avocadon’t even get me started on this smoothie!
Avocado in a chocolate smoothie? You better believe it! Added in with all the other ingredients, the avocado helps make this smoothie creamy and delicious while adding some healthy fats to this decadent drink — without tasting like guacamole.
- This recipe makes a single 10 oz serving smoothie.
- You can also freeze the smoothie in popsicle molds to have popsicles later.
Can you prep this smoothie in advance?
Yep you sure can! Milk and nut butter can be measured out and stored for later. Chocolate pretzels can be made in advance as well.
Pre-made pretzels can be purchased for this recipe, but to cut on sugar and control the flavor, making your own is a quick and easy alternative.
More healthy dessert smoothies
Refreshing Summer Smoothies
- Mango Pineapple Kale Smoothie
- Pineapple Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
Bon Appétit Ya’ll,
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Smoothie
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 1/2 cups Almond or Cashew milk
- 1/2 cup Peanut or Almond butter
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Pretzels
- 1/4 cup Bittersweet chocolate chips
FOR THE POPS, ADD ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan gum or
- 1/4 tsp Cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Heat the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for 10 second intervals until most of the chips are melted. A double-boiler on the stovetop also works! Stir to finish melting. Dip the pretzels into the chocolate and set aside. They can be placed in the freezer for a couple of minutes to set up while you get your other ingredients together, but take out when the chocolate is set.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with extra chocolate pretzels.
- Pop Variation: Use coconut milk instead of almond milk for a creamier texture, blend all of the chocolate pretzels, and add xanthan gum, cornstarch, or tapioca starch.
- If the smoothie is too thick for you or your liking, just add a bit more liquid.