This smoothie is perfect to the last sip! While being high in good fats, it’s also low in sugar and still so rich and delicious that you’ll be craving more. If your kids love chocolate milk, they’ll love this smoothie.
So good it’s coconuts.
The toasted coconut chips help to make this treat even more decadent than it already is, and it adds a little bit of tropical paradise to your day.
- This recipe makes a single 10 oz serving smoothie.
- You can also freeze the smoothie in popsicle molds to have popsicles later.
- You can add a bit more liquid (your milk of choice) to make it less thick if you wish
Can you prep this smoothie?
Yes you can prep this in advance! The banana can be peeled and frozen in a container or zip lock bag for later. Milk can be pre-measured and put in the fridge, and you can pre-measure the other ingredients as well.
To pistachio or not pistachio?
You can use pistachios for this recipe, or substitute for sliced almonds. And, if you’re not one for dates, use maple syrup or honey (to taste) instead!
More healthy dessert smoothies
- 4 Delicious Dessert Smoothies & Popsicles
- Banana Bread Smoothie
- PB&J Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Smoothie
Refreshing Summer Fruit Smoothies
- Mango Pineapple Kale Smoothie
- Pineapple Peach Smoothie
- Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
Bon Appétit Ya’ll,
Chocolate Coconut Smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup Pistachios (optional) can be substituted for sliced almonds
- 1 cup Almond milk If smoothie is too thick you can add more
- 3 tbsp Toasted coconut chips (optional)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 Medjool date, pitted can be substituted for maple syrup or honey (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil (optional)
For the pops, add one of the following
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan gum or
- 1/4 tsp Cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- For pops: Blend all ingredients together. Add either xanthan gum, cornstarch or tapioca starch, stir and freeze.
Leave a Reply