The incredible edible egg. I mean, is there really a more perfect food? Just think of all the countless ways we use eggs. From omelets to cakes, cookies to ice cream, eggs are without a doubt the world’s most versatile food. I can think of no better way to showcase their glory than making them into creamy and delicious deviled eggs. But wait, there’s more! I couldn’t just make a plain deviled egg. Instead, I pumped up the volume and made luscious Pimento Bacon Deviled Eggs! Read on for details on how to boil the perfect egg, without those unsightly green rings.
Yes folks, they’re as good as they sound. Pimentos, extra-sharp cheddar, sour cream, and mayo make the most insanely delicious filling, while bacon is just the smoky, crispy cherry on top.
Whether you have an Easter gathering coming up or a spring or summer cookout, these little babies will be gone in minutes, nay seconds!
So get ready to drool ya’ll…and if you make this for your family and friends, you’ll be making everyone else drool too.
To get the perfectly boiled egg, add the eggs to a pot of cold water. Bring the water to a boil, turn the heat to low, cover, and simmer for exactly 7 minutes. Set a timer because it’s easy to overcook the eggs, hence those ugly greenish brown rings around the eggs. Immediately, take off the heat and gently place the eggs in a colander to drain. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
While the eggs are simmering, cook the bacon on the stovetop. Shred the cheese, and add the all the other ingredients to a food processor (except the chopped chives). When the eggs are done, gently crack them open and scoop out the yolks and add them to the food processor. Puree the ingredients together. You can also use electric beaters or a stand mixer to make the pimento filling. Take the bacon off the heat when they are crisp and drain on paper towels.
Fill each egg with the filling with a spoon or small ice cream scoop. Top with crumbled bacon and chopped chives. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
This post contains affiliate links from amazon.com. If you purchase any items through the links, I receive a tiny commission at no cost to you. I only recommend products I use and love. Thank you for supporting Bessie Bakes!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
Pimento Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. pimentos
- 1/2 cup heaping extra sharp cheddar
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 strips of bacon cooked
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives for garnish
- Gently lower 12 eggs into a large pot and fill with cold water until they are covered.
- Heat the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately lower the heat to low, cover and cook for 7 MINUTES, no more, no less. SET A TIMER! As soon as the timer goes off, remove them from the heat, drain in a colander, and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Gently remove the shell from the eggs and cut them in half. Remove the cooked yolks and add to the food processor. Puree all ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the eggs with a small ice cream scoop or piping bag. Top with crumbled bacon and chopped chives. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. If you are not serving immediately, add the crumbled bacon right before you serve so it's room temp.
- These can be made 3-4 hours in advance.