If you ever wake up feeling like you’re wearing concrete shoes, then perhaps you should try a delicious Iced Chocolate Coffee Bone Broth Smoothie to power you through your day!
Whoa, wait…did you just say bone broth? In a smoothie?!! Eeeewww. But don’t worry. You won’t need to use liquid broth in this smoothie to get all the benefits of bone broth.
After regularly drinking bone broth for two years, I wanted to create a crave-worthy coffee protein shake that I could also enjoy in the summer months.
An added benefit is that this smoothie gives me a surge of energy, albeit without the coffee shakes!
You can read all about the bone broth diet here or read about my results after 30 days of being on the bone broth diet while caring for a baby and a 3-year-old.
Tips and resources for this recipe
- I like to make either espresso (since it’s strong) or a really strong brew of coffee so that the coffee flavor comes through
- The secret to this iced coffee smoothie is in the collagen protein powder. The brand that I’ve been using in my coffee and smoothies for over a year is the Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen protein powder. It’s an affiliate link but I use this product everyday and purchase it myself.
- I like to blend the collagen powder in the hot coffee to help it dissolve easily.
Bone broth Recipes
- If you’d like to cook with an amazing broth, I have 3 LIFE-CHANGING hacks for making bone broth at home that you don’t want to miss out on.
- This easy Greek Lemon Chicken Soup (Avogolemeno soup) is so light and flavorful.
- Check out these Bone Broth Soups & Stews that pair so well with sourdough bread.
When blended, the smoothie will initially get a nice bubbly consistency, making this smoothie look like a cold foam latte!
The cocoa powder in the smoothie is what gives it that rich dark brown color, so don’t worry about it being too overloaded with coffee, ha!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
Iced Chocolate Coffee Bone Broth Smoothie
- 1/2 cup strong coffee brewed
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop Collagen protein powder or collagen powder of choice
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Brew ½ cup strong coffee.
- Pour the coffee into a glass. Dissolve the collagen protein powder in the hot coffee and stir to combine.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. You can add a bit more of your milk of choice if you want the smoothie to be thinner and lighter in color.