Both delicious and nutritious, this smoothie is jammed packed with great sources of healthy fats thanks to the coconut oil and toasted pecans. The finishing touch on this is the cinnamon, which helps bring you the delicious flavor of fresh baked banana bread straight from your blender!
Zest your smoothie up
The secret is out: adding orange zest brightens up the smoothie and intensifies all the other flavors, and that’s important for the comfort factor of this feel-good treat.
- This recipe makes a single 10 oz serving smoothie.
- You can also freeze the smoothie in popsicle molds to have popsicles later.
Can you prep this smoothie?
Yep, you can prep this in advance! The banana can be peeled and frozen in a container or zip lock bag for later. Milk and yogurt can be pre-measured and put in the fridge as well.
Make this smoothie into pops too!
Because this smoothie is rich and creamy, it freezes nicely into a popsicle. In the recipe, I do like to add either cornstarch or arrowroot starch added if you make them into popsicles. This helps reduce icicles, but you can omit if you don’t have either. You don’t need either of these additions if you are just making a smoothie.
More healthy dessert smoothies
Refreshing Summer Smoothies
Bon Appétit Ya’ll,
Banana Bread Smoothie
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup Toasted pecans
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Cashew or Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Orange zest
- 3 tbsp Almond butter
For the pops, add one of the following
- 1/8 tsp Xanthan gum or
- 1/4 tsp Cornstarch or tapioca starch
- Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
- Pop variation: Add xanthan gum, cornstarch, or tapioca starch and blend well.