If you love all things avocado, then you must try this absolutely delicious Goat Cheese Avocado Toast! For a little extra crunch on top you can add Everything Bagel seasoning, which I highly recommend.
I love guacamole, but I have been needing some alternative ways to prepare the good ole avocado. Avocado toast is the perfect easy meal because it’s tasty, filling and healthy, and you can add a fried egg on top for the perfect brunch or dinner!
Make the goat cheese butter
To make the toast, mix the goat cheese and butter together with fresh parsley and garlic. Spread on slices of bread and broil until it’s bubbly and light golden brown.
Honestly, you could just enjoy the toasts this way (and I would highly recommend you do) without even adding the avocado. The broiled goat cheese butter toasts would be great served with a salad!
Next you’ll smash the avocados and add lime or lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Top the toasts with the avocado blend, more crumbled goat cheese, and everything bagel seasoning and serve!
More avocado recipes
- Goat Cheese Guacamole with Crispy Wontons
- Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Coconut Dipping Sauce
- Chocolate Avocado Nutella (you can’t taste the avocado, promise!)
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
Goat Cheese Avocado Toast
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes or lemons juiced
For the Goat Cheese Butter
- 6 oz goat cheese softened
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning or substitute with sesame seeds (both are optional)
- Line up 8 slices of bread on a sheet pan.
- Mix the herbs, garlic, and softened butter together. Season with salt and pepper. It should be spreadable.
- Spread the herbed butter on the slices of bread. Place on a sheet pan. If you have parchment paper you can line the sheet pan with that first, but you can skip it if you don't have it.
- Place under the broiler for a 7-10 minutes (watching closely) until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is starting to caramelize. Remove from the oven.
- While the toasts are broiling, mash the avocados and add the lime or lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
- When the toasts are broiled add the smashed avocado mix to the toasts and top with Everything Bagel Seasoning or sesame seeds. Serve immediately.