Alright ya’ll…the pumpkin porn train is coming to town and is making a stop in your neighborhood! I’ll be eating this easy and healthy pumpkin chai chia pudding recipe for days.
Oh I can hear the groans and feel the eyes rolling already. It’s the first pumpkin post of the season, and only 978,000 more to go. I promise, there will only be two…ok three pumpkin recipes coming your way this beautiful fall season that is coming upon us. To get into the fall spirit (because it’s still in upper 80s as I write this) I’m enjoying some of this healthy chia pudding right now. The subtle aroma and flavor of chai spices, with the gentle sweetness of maple syrup is permeating my senses, and LIFE IS GOOD.
Life has been busier that I could have expected lately. There are some BIG things happening around here that I couldn’t pass up on. Obviously, we are coming into the busiest season for food bloggers, so the recipe development is insane right now. I’ve already cooked up the most EPIC Thanksgiving turkey you’ve ever had in your life that I can’t wait to share with you, but I’m also scurrying about reshooting older posts like the mouth-watering GF Pumpkin Muffins and Grilled Avocado & Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Herbed Butter, along with some of last year’s holiday recipes, and some brand-spanking new side dishes and hearty soups and stews that will make your wildest fall and winter food dreams come true.
Today, however, we are talking about this easy make-ahead breakfast with pumpkin, chai spices, chia seeds, yogurt, coconut milk, and a touch of maple syrup. I’m waaaay late to the chia pudding game, but I have to say, I’m a fan. It’s ridiculously easy because you mix your ingredients together at night, and serve them in the morning. In fact, you can enjoy them for about three days. So make these once, and have breakfast ready for half of your week! Just chop the bananas and top with pecans right before serving.
This tasty pumpkin mixture is just pumpkin, chai spices, vanilla, and maple syrup.
Just make your pumpkin mixture and soak the chia pudding ingredients together, top them off in the morning, and an easy fall breakfast is ready!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
PUMPKIN CHAI CHIA PUDDING RECIPE
For the Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
For the Pumpkin topping
- 1 15 oz can canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp .chai spice omit the sugar and reserve excess for future use
- 2 Tbsp . maple syrup
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Mix the yogurt, coconut milk, and chia seeds together. Add to 3 separate bowls, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Mix together the pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and chai spices in a separate bowl. You can top the chia pudding with the pumpkin mixture after about 30 minutes when the pudding is set.
- For a make-ahead breakfast, refrigerate overnight and serve in the morning. The pudding should be good for three days in the fridge.
- Top with pecans and banana slices before serving.