If you need an easy make-ahead breakfast that’s filling and tasty then make this easy and healthy pumpkin chia pudding recipe!
I’m waaaay late to the chia pudding game, but I have to say, I’m a fan. I love that it’s healthy and filling and you can customize it with all kinds of different flavors.
The subtle aroma and flavor of pumpkin pie spice, with the gentle sweetness of maple syrup and vanilla yogurt permeates this recipe.
Is this a make-ahead breakfast?
For this recipe mix your ingredients together at night, and serve them in the morning. So make these once, and have breakfast ready for half of your week! In fact, you can enjoy them for about three days.
Just chop the bananas and top with pecans right before serving so neither get soggy.
If you blend the chia and pumpkin pudding in the blender to help the chia seeds be more smooth in this recipe, the dark color of the chia mixed with the orange pumpkin puree will turn the pudding a baby poop green color…so you know, just be aware of that, lol.
So that’s why I kept the chia seeds whole in this recipe!
This tasty pumpkin mixture is just chia, coconut milk, canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, yogurt, and maple syrup.
Simply mix all the chia pudding ingredients together, pour in glasses or mason jars, cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight, and serve in the morning!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
Pumpkin Chia Pudding
For the Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 15 oz can canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pecans for garnish, optional
- Mix the yogurt, coconut milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, and chia seeds together. Add to 3 separate bowls, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- For a make-ahead breakfast, refrigerate overnight and serve in the morning. The pudding should be good for three days in the fridge.
- Top with toasted pecans and banana slices before serving.
Great for fall!
Bessie Bakes says
Thank you so much!