The Angels are singing BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH COCONUT OIL AND COCONUT SUGAAAAAARRRRRR in their high-pitched ethereal voices!
We’ve all tried our fair share of muffins, and let’s be honest, none are really worth screaming about on a mountaintop.
Oh, but theeeese blueberry muffins are different.
Coconut oil and coconut sugar bring rich, luscious caramel and coconut flavors into these muffins that really lift blueberries into a whole new light. I first fell in love with the duo in baked goods when I made some pretty incredible GF Pumpkin Muffins. Check them out, they’re that good. Oh yeah…
Cream that beautiful coconut oil and coconut sugar on high for two minutes until it’s super light and fluffy. Giving it a little extra time on high speed really makes these muffins light and luscious.
Mix in the eggs one at a time until they are incorporated. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a separate bowl. On low speed, add the flour in three additions. Stop mixing as soon as it’s incorporated.
I used frozen blueberries in this recipe because fresh ones have such a short season and they lack sweetness and flavor. It makes the batter very cold, but don’t worry, the batter won’t be affected. It will merely increase the baking time by 2-4 minutes. Stir in the berries and scoop into a 12 cup muffin pan.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 23-28 minutes. If using fresh blueberries, check them at 20 minutes. They are done when they just spring back when lightly touched.
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon.com. If you purchase any of the products through the links, I receive a small commission, which helps support Bessie Bakes! I only recommend products I use and love.
Better Than Ever Blueberry Muffins|Coconut Oil, Coconut Sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour 297 grams
- 1 cup cold-pressed coconut oil 235 grams
- 1 3/4 cup coconut sugar 247 grams
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries 220 grams preferably frozen because they have better flavor
- 2 tsp . baking powder 10 grams
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the coconut oil and coconut sugar on high in a stand mixer or with an electric beater for two minutes until it's light and fluffy. This really helps the texture if it's beaten well.
- Lower the speed to low and add in the eggs one at a time, along with the vanilla until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour into the batter on low speed in three stages. Turn off the mixer as soon as it's incorporated. DON'T OVERMIX!
- Add a tsp. of flour to coat the blueberries. This will keep them from falling to the bottom of the muffins.
- Mix in the blueberries with a spatula or turn on the mixer and let it go for two to three turns around the pan, them turn off.
- If you are using frozen blueberries, the batter will get very cold, that's OK. It will just increase the baking time by a couple of minutes.
- Liberally grease a 12 cup muffin pan with coconut oil. Grease the top of the pan as well in case the muffins hit the top of the pan.
- Grease your scooper with coconut oil. This will help batter to slide out.
- Scoop into 12 muffins.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until the muffins just spring back to the touch. If using fresh blueberries, check them at 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,