Feast your eyes on the world’s BEST gluten free pumpkin muffins with coconut oil and coconut sugar. And yes, you totally make these with all purpose flour too!
Yes folks, it’s another dang pumpkin post…
If you’ve been browsing through Pinterest lately, it’s essentially a pumpkin porn extravaganza right now.
But, pumpkin, coconut oil, and fall spices turn your everyday pumpkin muffins into a GLORIOUS masterpiece!
Just trust….seriously trust in the GLORY of these muffins.
These luscious pillow-y bites are sweetened with low glycemic coconut sugar instead of granulated sugar, and replacing canola oil with coconut oil. The spice blend is the perfect blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice…..fall spice heaven!!
Making this recipe couldn’t be simpler. Just two bowls, a whisk, and a muffin pan is all you need. Whenever I make muffins, I double the batch and freeze the rest for quick breakfast or snack options.
For these gluten free muffins, I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour because it has a clean flavor that gives a great texture to baked goods. Plus, the xanthan gum is already added for the extra convenience.
You can definitely make these muffins with all purpose flour so don’t let the GF title fool you! To get started, whisk together your gluten free (or traditional) flour blend with the baking powder, spices, salt, and set aside. In a separate bowl whisk the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil until combined.
Whisk in the eggs, then add the dry ingredients in two batches.
Now feast your eyes on your glorious batter!
Invert a large funnel over your mouth and eat the batter Scoop the batter into muffin papers and wait patiently for them to bake.
If you don’t have muffin papers you can also grease the pan with coconut oil and flour the muffin tins really well. The muffins will slide ride out when baked this way. NO sticking!
COCONUT OIL PUMPKIN MUFFINS VIDEO (1 MINUTE)
Bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes and cool on a rack if you have one.
MORE PUMPKIN PORN FROM BESSIE BAKES
Pour yourself a cup of tea and sink your teeth into these tender, flavorful, lighter-than-air pumpkin goodies!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
GF Spiced Pumpkin Muffins w/ Coconut Sugar
- 2 3/4 plus cups plus 2 Tbsp Gluten free flour with xanthan gum added 200 grams
- 2 tsp Baking Powder 8 grams
- 1 3/4 tsp Cinnamon 4 grams
- 1/2 tsp Cloves 1 gram
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg 1 gram
- 1 good pinch Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp salt 2 grams
- 2 cups plus 4 tsp Coconut Sugar brown sugar can be substituted, 335 grams
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted (200 grams)
- 1 can Pure Canned Pumpkin 15oz., 425 grams
- 4 eggs 200 grams
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk gluten free flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and salt together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk coconut sugar and coconut oil until combined.
- Whisk in pumpkin and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time to the sugar and oil mixture.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients in two batches until combined.
- Scoop 24 equal amounts into a muffin pan or pans lined with muffin papers. An ice cream scoop works well.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until the top of the muffins just spring back to the touch.
- Let cool slightly before serving.