How about a cucumber rosewater mocktail recipe for ya on this hot summer day?
I’ve let this recipe marinate in my head for several months now and finally got around to making it.
Last year I went to The Patterson House in Nashville which is a really well-known speakeasy bar that makes the most mind-blowing cocktails you’ve ever tasted in your life. I’m not much of a drinker and was the designated driver so I opted for a mocktail instead. I ordered a drink infused with cucumber, ginger, rosewater, and mint.
They brought it to the table and I as I took my first sip, I felt like I was drinking something Cleopatra would have swooned over while simultaneously being transported to the beach!
The drink was so refreshing and exotic, I wished I could have taken a bath in it…I’m sure Cleopatra would have done the same.
Fast forward over a year later, and I created an easy at-home version that takes just a few minutes to whip up. The yellow-green color you see is all natural, created by blending fresh mint and cucumber together.
I found blending the cucumber was the fastest way to infuse it into this drink, as soaking it required a lot more cucumbers and more time. I also added fresh ginger to release the aroma and flavor of this spicy and zesty root.
My blender did the trick at bringing out the flavor, while straining it helped to get it nice and smooth.
By the way, if you are in the market for an incredible blender, a Blendtec Blender is the most powerful blender on the market and will literally last you years and years (I’ve had mine for 8 years and it’s still going strong).
After blending and straining the base, I added more fresh ginger and mint to a glass to muddle, along with agave nectar for a little sweetness.
Then I poured it into a shaker with ice and divided it into two glasses. Top with a little club soda, a few drops of rosewater, and you have summer perfection in a glass! Here is an affiliate link to a mason jar shaker and muddler 🙂
By the way, rosewater is so versatile and healing to the skin too! It’s under $10 on Amazon and just might be your new beauty secret. Although I have a drip bottle, I like the spray because it’s easier to use. You can just spray one spray per glass (or two sprays if it’s not too much) as to not overpower the drink.
So make this drink to fully absorb the glory of summer and feel like a million bucks too!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,
CUCUMBER ROSEWATER MOCKTAIL RECIPE
- 2 cucumbers skins removed
- 4 cups water
- 10-15 sprigs fresh mint
- 2- inch slice fresh ginger
- 1 tsp agave nectar per 8 oz. glass
- 5-8 drops rosewater per 8 oz glass (if using rosewater spray, 1-2 sprays per glass)
- splash of club soda for each glass
- Blend the cucumber (no need to remove the seeds), half of the fresh ginger, and 5 sprigs fresh mint with the water. Strain the solids into another container, discard the solids.
- You can muddle two 8 oz. drinks at a time by using a slice of fresh ginger, 4-5 mint leaves and 2 tsp. agave nectar. Muddle the ginger. agave, and mint. Pour over 16 oz. of the cucumber base with ice and shake to combine all ingredients.
- Add ice to two glasses and strain the drink into the glasses. Pour a splash of club soda over the top and serve with another sprig of fresh mint.