Today we have 5 heartwarming, soul-satisfying soup and stew recipes with bone broth that pair perfectly with 4 different yet incredible Sourdough Bread recipes (including a delicious gluten-free Southern cornbread recipe) that will fill you to the BRIM with the warmest, coziest vibes.
Since bone broth has been a big part of my health and wellness routine since 2016, I wanted to create recipes with bone broth that were hearty, filling, and delicious so I could enjoy bone broth as an actual meal.
I’m calling this The Sourdough Bread and Bone Broth Soup Challenge because I have created an ebook for these recipes that includes the photos and step-by-step recipes to go along with each soup and sourdough bread so you can have everything in one place.
You can download the ebook to your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone and cook the recipes in your kitchen with whatever device you prefer. Or, you can go the totally awesome old-school way and print off the recipes and place them in a binder to go along with your favorite cookbooks.
Why these Bone Broth Soup and Sourdough Bread recipes are awesome
- The bone broth soups and stews are nourishing and not-too-heavy for a nice healthy balance.
- None of the recipes require a blender or immersion blender, making it easy to pull together.
- I’ve included instructions for the Instant Pot and slow cooker where applicable, plus instructions for cooking the soups or stews on the stove top.
- I’ve added ingredient swaps for easy recipe customization.
- The sourdough bread can be made in advance and frozen.
- There is a quick and delicious gluten-free Southern Cornbread recipe that even gluten lovers will devour.
Table of Contents
- Where to buy Bone Broth
- The Magic of an Instant Pot
- 3 Life-Changing Hacks for Making Bone Broth at Home
Bone Broth Soup and Stew Recipes
- Bone Broth Chili Recipe
- Bone Broth Beef Stew
- Thai Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup with Cajun Sausage and Bone Broth
- Bone Broth White Bean Chicken Meatball Soup with Pesto
- Easy Bone Broth Avgolemono (Greek Lemon Chicken) Soup
Sourdough Bread (& a Gluten-Free Cornbread) Recipes
- Traditional Sourdough Bread
- Sourdough Honey Spelt Bread Recipe
- Sourdough Brioche Garlic Rosemary Rolls
- Easy Gluten-Free Southern Cornbread Recipe (Cast Iron Skillet or Muffins)
- Download the Sourdough Bread & Bone Broth Soup ebook for FREE!
Where to buy Bone Broth
Since 2016, I have tried every brand I could get my hands on in stores and online. You can read all about my experience while on the Bone Broth Diet and drinking bone broth regularly. These are the two brands I recommend:
Bona Fide Provisions can be found in the freezer section at Sprouts Market, Whole Foods, Walmart, and Publix. Check your local stores for availability.
Kettle & Fire is the only carton of bone broth with enough collagen in it to make a difference in your health. There are several major brands, but this is the absolute best.
- It’s organic, and they sell several flavors of chicken and beef bone broth.
- For these recipes, I recommend the original chicken and beef bone broth
- If you buy more than 6 cartons, you get FREE shipping!
- I love purchasing from them online because they send you coupons for future purchases
- Use the promo code BESSIEBAKES15 for 15% off your first order!
- Below is an affiliate link, but I’ve been drinking their bone broth for two years now and am a big believer in their product
The Magic of an Instant Pot
Oooooh Instant Pot…how I love thee, let me count the ways.
- It’s the most versatile kitchen appliance I’ve ever owned, and I have a lot of kitchen equipment!
- You can pressure cook soups and stews that would normally take 2-3 hours to simmer in about 20-40 minutes.
- You can saute directly in the Instant Pot so you don’t have to start your soups and stews in a pot on the stove.
- You can make bone broth in under 3 hours (it normally takes 12-24 hours to simmer)
- The Instant Pot also is a slow cooker, a steamer, cooks rice in a fraction of the time, yogurt maker, and a warmer!
- If you have a tiny kitchen or live in an apartment or dorm, you can cook a million different meals in it.
This is the model of the Instant Pot that I own:
Soups & Stew Recipes with Bone Broth
3 Life-Changing Hacks for Making Bone Broth at Home
- I’ve created the ULTIMATE recipe for bone broth because it can be a PAIN to make
- I’ve included 3 time-saving tips that will make it possible to make it at home without pulling out your hair
- The techniques can be used for chicken and beef bone broth
The original Bone Broth Recipe post can be found here.
Bone Broth Chili Recipe & Video
- Make this chili in an Instant pot from start to finish in under 40 minutes
- Or use the slow cooker or cook on the stove top
- It’s a beautiful balance of beans to beef to broth ratio
- A few spices in your pantry fill this chili recipe with incredible flavor
The original Bone Broth Chili Recipe & Video post can be found here.
Watch how fast this comes together in an Instant Pot (1-minute Video)
Bone Broth Beef Stew Recipe
- Make this stew in under an hour from start to finish in an Instant Pot (SO GOOD)
- Use the slow cooker or stove top method
- This is a “brothy” beef stew recipe that’s loaded with tender carrots, onions, and beef.
The original Bone Broth Beef Stew Recipe is here.
Watch this Beef Stew come together (1-minute Video)
Thai Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup with Cajun Sausage and Bone Broth
- Pure canned pumpkin and frozen chopped butternut squash make this soup come together in a snap
- Cajun sausage, Thai red curry paste, and lemongrass blend perfectly with the squash for a fall/winter soup
- Bone broth adds even more nourishing flavor to this soup
- Omit the sausage and use vegetable broth for a satisfying vegetarian soup
Check out the original Thai Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup post here.
Bone Broth White Bean Chicken Meatball Soup with Pesto
- Flavorful chicken meatballs, tender white beans, and chicken bone broth create a heartwarming soup
- Red bell peppers, garlic, and onions are sauteed with a touch of butter for a flavorful base
- Pesto tops everything off with a bright herby flavor
Check out the White Bean Chicken Meatball Soup Recipe here.
Easy Bone Broth Avgolemono (Greek Lemon Chicken) Soup Recipe
- Ready in about 20 minutes, this is the easiest and fastest to put together of all the recipes
- It’s a delicious way to enjoy chicken soup with a lemony twist
- Instead of cream, it’s thickened with eggs that are whisked together and tempered into the soup
- You have the option to add chopped cauliflower rice, regular rice, or orzo pasta for a more filling soup
The original Bone Broth Avgolemeno Soup post is here.
Sourdough Bread (& Gluten-free Cornbread) Recipes
Traditional Sourdough Bread
- This is a perfect beginner sourdough bread recipe that can be baked in a cast iron skillet, dutch oven, or loaf pan for a crisp exterior and tender interior
- I’ll show you 2 different ways to shape this bread so you can bake it in whichever vessel you like
- It can be made in advance and frozen
- One recipe makes two loaves so you’ll have plenty of leftovers in the freezer
Read all about the Traditional Sourdough Bread Recipe post with 20 step-by-step photos and the instructional shaping, proofing, and baking video.
Watch the instructional shaping, proofing, & baking video for sourdough bread
Sourdough Honey Spelt Bread Recipe
- You can substitute whole wheat flour for spelt flour
- This is a no-knead sourdough bread recipe that lets time and fermentation do the work for you
- It’s a hearty and flavorful whole grain sourdough that is quite spectacular
- Again, instructions for shaping 2 different ways for a cast iron, dutch oven, or loaf pan are included
- Makes 2 loaves and can be frozen
The original Sourdough Honey Spelt Bread Recipe can be found here.
Sourdough Brioche Garlic Rosemary Rolls
- A brioche is a bread enriched with butter and eggs for a soft and tender bread that makes sweet or savory recipes
- You can use spelt flour, or whole wheat flour
- Garlic, butter, and rosemary permeate these rolls with intoxicating flavor
- In the recipe post, I show you 3 different recipes (cinnamon buns, garlic rosemary rolls, and hamburger buns) for this brioche bread as well
Easy Gluten Free Southern Cornbread Recipe (Muffins or Cast Iron Skillet)
- Make this cornbread in a snap in one bowl by whisking together the ingredients
- It takes only 12-14 minutes to bake as muffins or 20 minutes in a cast iron skillet
- You have the option to add cheddar cheese and roasted poblanos for extra flavor
The original cornbread recipe post can be found here.
Download the Sourdough Bread & Bone Broth Soup ebook
In the ebook you’ll get:
- All of the recipes in one place
- Photos for every recipe plus step-by-step photos for the bread recipes
- Links to individual blog posts if you’d like to see even more step-by-step photos or shaping videos for the sourdough bread for easy navigation (I’m unable to add video to my ebook)
- Print off all of the ebook or just the recipes and save in a binder
- Or save the ebook to your phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet
WHEW, that’s all folks! Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions about the recipes or to share your experience with any of them.
Don’t forget to download the FREE ebook here!
Bon Appetit Ya’ll,