CRISPY BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE
Even those who aren't brussel sprout fans will absolutely LOVE these crispy fried brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar!
Servings 3 -4
- 5 cups brussel sprouts about 680 grams or 24 oz
- 1 cup neutral oil for a 10 inch pan or fill it with 1 inch of oil (canola grapeseed, or vegetable oil) DON'T fry with olive oil, it will burn
- shallow frying pan preferably a cast iron skillet
- 1 1/2 Tbsp . balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp . honey
- 2 tsp . of Essence of Emeril seasoning blend or your favorite all purpose seasoning blend with herbs garlic, onion, etc.
Cut off the ends of the brussel sprouts and remove the top leaves that easily fall off, set aside. Cut the core of the sprouts in half and set aside.
Heat a cast iron skillet or shallow frying pan over medium heat with 1 inch of oil.
Place a sheet pan lined with paper towels next to your frying pan.
Drop a couple of leaves into the oil to test the temperature. They should start to sizzle. Add a handful of leaves to the pan and fry for about two minutes or until they get some nice color on them. Be aware that the oil might pop so stir occasionally with a spider to help lessen the splatter. Drain each batch on the paper towels and spread them out so they don't get soggy. You will know when they are done when they are crispy like a potato chip. Season each batch with the seasoning blend right after you place them on the sheet pan to drain.
For the whole sprouts fry for 5-7 minutes or until they get nice and golden brown. Drain and season as well.
Mix the honey and balsamic in a bowl and add the leaves and sprouts. Toss to coat and check for seasoning. Adjust as needed.